Interview: Venture Stories with Erik Torenberg
Listen to “Progress Studies in 2020 with Jason Crawford” on Spreaker.
I returned to Village Global’s Venture Stories podcast with Erik Torenberg to discuss:
- The key aspects of human progress
- The history of progress over time
- Whether we’ve traded off progress for safety
- Why the idea of progress is relatively new
- What the nature of science fiction writing tells us about our vision for progress
- Why progress happens differently in different domains
- How to think about safety with respect to new technologies
- The impacts of slowing population growth
See all my interviews here.
Comment on Reddit
« Announcing the Study Group for Progress
Event: Dr. Laura Mazer, surgery professor at U. Michigan, on The Torch of Progress »