Interviews: Jim Pethokoukis, Pod of Jake, Montessorium
A few interviews with me that were published recently (or not super recently, I’m catching up):
Faster, Please! the Podcast with Jim Pethokoukis
Listen on Substack. Topics included:
- How I got interested in progress
- Why “stuff” is underrated… but also why progress is more than just “stuff”
- Do we still not know how progress happens?
- Against utopianism
- Is risk/safety a blind spot for the progress community?
- Is progress a capitalist, democratic philosophy? Are there pro-progress socialists?
- If things haven’t gotten better in 10 years, what went wrong?
Pod of Jake
Jake and I talked about:
- My early tech career (starting with programming at age 11)
- Why I dropped out of high school
- Our expansion and CEO search
- What intellectual work is needed in progress studies
- Scientific vs. romantic environmentalism
- The massive impact of electricity on the economy
Transcript on the show page. Listen on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, etc.
Philosophy of Education with Matt Bateman of Montessorium
A conversation about industrial literacy and the pedagogy of progress, by the folks who commissioned my high-school progress course. Show page, Apple, Spotify.
(This one was recorded last November but published more recently.)
As always, see all my talks and interviews here.
Comment: Progress Forum, Reddit
« Links and tweets, 2022-08-31
Why was progress so slow in the past? »