Sunday: Live interview with Shrikant Rangnekar of 52 Living Ideas
On Sunday I’ll be doing a live interview for the 52 Living Ideas discussion group with Shrikant Rangnekar. Some questions Shrikant has lined up:
- What is progress? What is the nature of progress?
- What is progress in biological evolution? What is similarity and differences between biological progress and human progress?
- What is economic progress?
- What is the nature of intellectual or cultural progress?
- What in a social system makes progress possible or probable?
- What mindset do people need in order to spearhead progress?
- What factors operate against progress?
- What is the historic trajectory of human progress over the entire span of history?
- Is progress risky? Does it increase or decrease our safety?
- Just like there is a narrow concept of selfishness which is win-lose and a larger concept of enlightened selfishness which is win-win, are there analogous narrow & wide concepts of progress?
Join the event on Meetup.
Comment on Reddit
« A dialogue with Dr. John K. Davis: is technology making things better?
Video: Highlighter town hall with David King »