Video: Michael Strong on Montessori, the Socratic method, and Conscious Capitalism
The Torch of Progress, Episode 15
I interviewed Michael Strong, founder of the Academy of Thought and Industry, the Montessori-inspired high school that Progress Studies for Young Scholars was developed for. We had a wide-ranging discussion including:
- Why he founded the Academy and what’s different about it
- How Montessori educational principles, which were developed for younger children, apply to the high school level
- What the Socratic method is, beyond just “asking questions”
- The meaning and relevance of the concept of “Western civilization”
- The concept of “conscious capitalism” he developed with Whole Foods co-founder John Mackey
Audio on SoundCloud or Apple Podcasts. See all our past and upcoming episodes here.
Comment on Reddit or debate me on Letter.
« Sunday: Talk at the Slate Star Codex meetup on the “linear model” of innovation
Video: Five minutes on cement at Ignite Long Now »
Get posts by email: