Video: Max Roser on data-driven optimism, how to analyze COVID-19, and more
The Torch of Progress, Episode 4
I talked to Max Roser for the fourth episode of “The Torch of Progress”, the speaker series of Progress Studies For Young Scholars. Topics include:
- Why Our World in Data is known as “the good news guys”
- How most people are pessimistic, but the data is optimistic
- Right & wrong ways to use data to understand COVID-19
Audio/podcast version on SoundCloud.
Upcoming events (all times Pacific):
Deirdre McCloskey: Thurs, July 2, 10am
Joel Mokyr: Weds, July 8, 10am
- Noor Siddiqui: Weds, July 15, 10am (registration link coming soon)
- Anton Howes: Weds, July 22, 10am (ditto)
And more after that, including Danica Remy of the Asteroid Institute.
Progress Studies for Young Scholars is getting rave reviews! For more about the program, see my announcement.
And yes, I will get back to writing notes and essays about progress soon, stay tuned.
Comment on Reddit or debate me on Letter.
« What should I ask Max Roser?
Video: Tammy Winter and Trevor McKendrick on optimism, agency, and progress »
Get posts by email: