New: an online summer program in progress studies for high school students
Get posts by email:
Some of my top posts:
- Smart, rich & free
- Turning air into bread
- Instant stone (just add water!)
- Out of whole cloth
- The 13th labor of Hercules
- Navigating the high seas
- Why AC won the Electricity Wars
- Why did we wait so long for the bicycle?
- Progress studies as a moral imperative
- Progress studies as a civic duty
- Iron: From mythical to mundane
- Slaying the speckled monster
Browse all past posts for more.
My talk on the history of iron & steel:
My interview on Idea Machines with Ben Reinhardt:
For other areas, join the Slack (above) and look for a local channel. As of Feb 2020, there are channels for Austin, Berlin, Boston, China, DC, LA, Montreal, NYC, Phillippines, Singapore, SF, and UK.
If the content here is valuable to you, consider supporting it on Patreon: